Do you have an upcoming event that you would like to promote in a future monthly edition?
Every month, Travel in Missouri lists up to 15 things to do around Missouri. These lists have proven to be very popular and attract a significant amount of positive attention to the events listed.
Before you submit your event for consideration, please read this entire page.
There are some simple rules that we ask you to follow when submitting your events.
We do our absolute best to include all submitted events but do not guarantee a listing in the monthly countdown. Submitting the below form simply assures that we will consider adding your event. (If you want to be guaranteed placement, please scroll down to the section about advertisements.)
Because we strive to make this list as awesome as possible, we may choose not to include your submitted event. We mean no offense to you as we know you believe your event is special. However, with thousands of things going on around Missouri each month, picking up to 15 can be quite challenging and demands strict standards for the list.
To ensure you don’t waste our time or yours, please read the following:
- Your event should be of significant historical or cultural importance (National touring acts, or even local touring acts, are VERY unlikely to meet this standard).
- If your event is an ongoing event that lasts longer than a month, please tell us specifically why we should include it this month (i.e. it starts this month, it ends this month, etc.). If the event is ongoing, it may be more appropriate for an article feature rather than an event listing.
- If your event spans two months, please submit it for the month it is primarily in.
- Please ensure that your event would be of interest to travelers both inside and outside of Missouri.
- Preference is given to events that are free or support a non-profit organization, but meeting these criteria does not guarantee inclusion.
- Again remember, all decisions on what is and is not included in the list is solely up to the discretion of Travel in Missouri. Submitting your event does not guarantee inclusion in the list.
- To be considered, event submissions must be received prior to the 1st of the month before the event (i.e. May 1 for June events).
Want to guarantee your event will be listed?
We offer three guaranteed listing spots in the monthly roundup of upcoming events. Guaranteed listings are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis and will receive placement in an “Event Spotlight” section at the top of the list, ensuring the most possible attention. The first ad received will be listed on top, and the second ad received will be listed second, etc.
The cost for a guaranteed listing is $125 for one month. Payment is due prior to publication. At the end of your event description, your event will be marked as “[Sponsored]” to comply with FTC regulations. All details for the event should be provided and the final copy for the page may be edited by Travel in Missouri for length and to fit the style of the article.
Should you submit a paid listing, and none are available, we will consider your event as we would any other listing. Please note that we reserve the right to deny any guaranteed listing prior to payment for any reason and at our sole discretion. Events must be of interest to MO travelers and will be denied at our sole discretion if they are not.
We also offer newsletter sponsorships that can send your event to our most loyal followers. Note in the form below if you would like more information on sponsoring a newsletter to get the word out about your event.
To submit your guaranteed listing or to be included in our monthly newsletter, please fill out the form below. We will be in contact with payment information or any questions that we may have.